CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Shake!

There are moments
I shake my body
In a vain effort
To dislodge the
Pain
That grips me
Constantly.

I know it is of
No use.
But this mighty urge
To toss this monster
Is anything but logical.
It is primal.
It is a reaction
In the same way a dog shakes
To shed water.

Except
For the dog
The effort
Is successful.

For me there is only
Laughter
Emanating from the pain
Itself.

You see
I have assigned my pain
A personality.

It is an ugly
Red-eyed
Massive creature
That has its teeth in my body
And shakes me
The way I would
Shake it.

Here’s to my fellow sufferers…
Shake!
Do it in the knowledge it is
Of no use.

Shake anyway.

Do it as protest
Do it as defiance
Do it as you would raise your fist
In rebellion against the pain.
Do it as a way to
Register your self determination.
Do it as insolence toward your tormentor.

Even action taken in hopelessness
Is better than
Useless surrender.

0 comments: