CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 11, 2014

Reply to Comments on "Five Minutes"

Tim,
Thanks for your comment. You are so encouraging. And, yes, we have all had those moments when we fear, but deep within the challenge has already been accepted, and the only thing remaining is to engage the action and overcome. At this age, however, I would never attempt the things that, as a younger man, I accepted. I still have challenges, but walking an icy ledge is not among them!

Ron,
Um. I think you have accepted the same challenges as I. Maybe more so. What I'm trying to say is...
you are the next chapter, little brother!

Anonymous,
Please don't misunderstand...the challenge in "Five Minutes" was not an appeal to suicide. It was in screwing up enough courage to do a job I was paid to do, in order to provide for my young family. Had I not made that climb, there would be no paycheck. And worse, the company for whom I contracted work would simply stop tossing work my way. So, in a real sense, the reality was that, had I not finished my assignment, there would be no groceries, rent, utilities, and the loan on the truck I'd purchased for work would go unpaid. No truck, no job. So, all those things made me determine to climb through those wires, walk that ledge, and finish my job. Nothing heroic here either. It was all about family, and being a provider. We all do that every day.

0 comments: