CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Fumbling With Words

Fumbling 

What might I say

Were you here now?
Would I fumble with words
Hoping to seem distant
Even disinterested?
Would I hope you think me
Managing life well
Having little thought of you
No need of you?

Or would I burst wide
In a profusion of pleas
For one more chance
To prove myself
Even begging you return me
To that lofty place I once held
In your heart?

I hide within words
Using vocabulary as camouflage.
I have become skilled
In the art of communication
Subterfuge.

Nevertheless
My competency
Has the capability to betray
My true emotion.

I miss you the way
Fire misses oxygen, when smothered.
Silently I cry out for you
But I am unwilling to voice my true heart.

What would I say to you
Were you with me in this moment?

Nice weather we are having
Isn’t it?

0 comments: