CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

That's the Truth

I’ve heard this story before
And I know it very well.
She acts the suffering martyr
And I’m a demon, a flash from hell.

I tell you, I’m done with this.
I’m finished with her act.
I’m done with her drama
And that’s a serious fact.

Every building has its exits
And I’m headed for the door.
I’m going before she sees me
Before she walks across the floor.

She sure looks fine in that red dress
And I’ll bet she smells real good.
But I’m headed for that front door.
I’m leaving here, like I should.

But, damn, I think she saw me
And she’s walking this way now.
What harm could one little drink do?
But, just a quick one, that’s my vow.

I never should have come here.
I knew better, and that’s the truth.
I have my pride
And I can’t hide
No matter how she lied.
But I'll have just one quick beer.
I know better, and that’s the truth.

1 comments:

Tim O'Keefe said...

HA! Not sure how you do it. It's been a long while, but those feelings ring vaguely true.

Hey, I got through to your blog with NO interruptions and ad-stuff. I went back and read a few. Nice going.