CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Fur and Feather

I tethered my pony
Near a stand of good grass
Brewed up some coffee
And let the time pass.

The stars begin to wink on.
They took their place one by one
And soon they were everywhere
With the going down of the sun.

I sat against a rock wall
And slowly sipped my brew
As I considered all my blessings.
You know, there are quite a few.

The evening air grew chilly
So I built up my little fire
And huddled down in my sheepskin
To listen to creation’s choir.

An old hoot owl was the conductor.
The orchestra was composed of geese
That, while winging high or’ head
Gave the melody full release.

A lone coyote, in the distance
Sang the tenor part
While the bass was sung by bullfrogs
Who knew their lines by heart.

My pony filled in as soprano
As she whinnied soft and high.
I closed my eyes and listened
As the hours seemed to fly.

My own heart gave the drumbeat
As everything came together.
Not a single thing was missing
By furry critters, or birds of feather.

The whole night long I listened
To one melody after another.
Each performance was amazing
Every voice was fine and sure.

Daylight dawned far too quickly.
My campfire had grown cold.
But had I remained there forever
I doubt the music would’ve grown old.

One day I hope to return
For my soul ever yearns and longs
To pause at the edge of midnight
And again hear creation’s song.

0 comments: