CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Aces and Eights

Don’t let it bother you
She said softly to me.
I don’t need to know this.
I just wish you could see.


I thought if I told her
It may help her understand.
But no amount of talking
Could change the cards in my hand.

Aces and eights were what I saw
So I folded them away.
Maybe we can talk again later.
Maybe another day.


I don’t think that’s likely
She said softly, a second time.
You’re far too much a dreamer.
You want a dollar for a dime.

Aces and eights is the death hand
Marked by tragedy and blood.
A chill shook my body
Like an irresistible flood.

Don’t let it bother you
She said softly once more.
Then she retreated into the shadows
And walked out my door.

Aces and eights were in my hand.
She could not deal new game.
What’s in the past is in marble
And it will never be the same.

0 comments: