CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Lovely

Standing beside the bed
I watched her sleep
In morning light
Streaming the window.

The blinds diagonal shadow
Banded her
Like a candy cane
From toe to head.

Her breath was deep
Her breasts rising and falling
Her right hand under her head
Her left across her tummy.

I pulled the blanket
Below her chin
Kissing her cheek
Then sat back in a chair.

There are moments
The best memories
Flow by
Without narration.

They accumulate like
December snow
Piling the years
In times both hard and easy.

Soon she will awake
Make her morning tea
And ask whether the dogs
Had been out.

I know her
As I know my own ways.
I love her
As I love my own flesh.

Isn’t she lovely
Asleep
In the morning sun
Painted in shadow and light?

0 comments: