CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Earth Grazer*

She was an Earth Grazer
A bright
Brief
Flashing streak
Of color and thrill
That skimmed my horizon
Like a stone across water
Flaring away.

While visible
She delighted me
Illuminating the beauty
In this world.

She drew me into her
Optic.
All I saw
Wanted to see
Was her fascinating splendor

But Earth Grazers never stay.

Her sparkle
And brilliant pain
Of sojourn
Is only implicit
In suffering.

She made me know beauty
In the framework of deep night
And quiet sorrow.

She was an Earth Grazer
And I the sky
In which she blazed.


* FYI...an "Earth Grazer," in physical science, is a meteor that glances the earth's atmosphere, skipping along it much as a stone skips across water. There will be a quiz later.

0 comments: