CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Most Bashful Note

It came as a solitary note
Sounded
From an unseen piano
Teasing
Inviting investigation.

As a momentary
Touch
It arrived
First
Near
Then further away
Leading
There
Then once more
Here.

From whence
These gentle flirtations?

Unnoticed
By others
I distinctly heard this
Phantom note
Not lifted
From earthly scale.

This briefest of symphony
Had its source
In loftier orchestration
Than any of Terra.

A purer music
Than any yet afforded human ear
I amazed at its arrival
Wondering at the scale
From whence its escape.

Were I to seek
It would evade.
Were I to examine
It would flee.

It visits
When I cannot apprehend
And settles
When I cannot grasp.

It brings me to smile
As a drop of rum
At sunset
The smile of a friend
Beyond my gate
Or the impress
Of a modest lover.

Most bashful of notes
I will yet discover
Your origin
As have you
Mine.

0 comments: