CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

The Circle of Promise

I don’t want to do this.

You don’t have to.

Good. I won’t.

But you did promise, didn’t you?

Yeah. Sure. But, come on. I mean….

What? What do you mean?

I don’t know. It all seems so...you know?

No. I don’t. I don’t know. Why don’t you tell me. I want to hear this.

Okay. Calm down. Let’s just think about this.

No. Hell no! I’m tired of thinking about it. All we do is think about it.

But what if we do and they find out?

Who cares? I mean, who really cares?

I do. Don’t you? You care, don’t you?

No, dammit! I don’t care. I did once. Maybe. But I don’t anymore.

Then why should I? I mean, you just said you don’t care, right? And if you don’t, why should I?

Why? Because you promised! And a promise is a promise, after all, right? I mean, it is, right?

You know what? No. Any promise should only be in force if the conditions originally agreed upon remain true. And they don’t any more. You said it yourself. So, no. I’m done. I’m through.

But…you promised!

0 comments: