CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Neanderthal’s Date


I rode in on a Mastodon

And checked my club at the door.
I grunted to the hostess
And kept my eyes on the floor.

She was seated by the fire
Slowly sipping her wine.
I adjusted my bearskin coat
Thinking she was looking fine.

I ordered a glass of what she had
And wiped the sweat from my brow
Looking through the menu
Hoping for a side of rare cow.

I hadn’t done this in a long time.
We sat in silence all through our date
As I thought about what’s next
Considering my ultimate fate.

She finally said she was going to the restroom
And excused herself from the table.
But she never came back
And I decided her excuse was pure fable.

My Mastodon was double parked
So, I paid the check with some shells and beads
And dragged another dude’s date out
‘Cuz even a caveman has needs!

0 comments: