CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Excessive Force

Not a step further, Steven.
He had been drinking
And thought himself indestructible.
I hooked my right thumb
Behind the pen in my shirt pocket
Turning forty five degrees
To the tall, burly man approaching me.

He mumbled a threat
Calling me his bitch.
Stop right there, Steven
I said, evenly.
He intended to get through me
To the frightened young lady
Trembling behind me.

He took the step
I suggested he not take.
The one I knew he would.

My right hand flew away from the pen
It once hooked.
When my hand connected
With Steven’s throat
It delivered a quick chop
Then caught him on his way
To the floor.

Minutes later, Rescue swept Steven up
And took him to the ER for observation.
The young lady berated me for excessive force
Called me a beast
And strode away.

Seems I owed Steven a beer.

0 comments: