CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

The Outstretched Hand


I am an explorer of ridge lines.

Of valleys whose mist rises
Like blue smoke below ancient peaks.
I am an adventurer of cold streams
Seemingly bursting from pure rock.

I am friend to the ambling black bear
The hawk circling in wide arcs
The nocturnal hunting owl
Beaver and otter.
I walk gently and silently
Across forest floors.

I am a climber of chimney peaks
Clawing for handholds
In sharp jutting shale.

I am a purveyor of the New Corn Moon
The spangling Milky Way
Streaking clear night skies
Blazing meteorites                
The drape of shimmering Auroras
And mysteries of the eternal cosmos.

I am creation’s devoted adherent
Humbled by the power of its
Outstretched hand.

0 comments: