CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Put the Hurt On

The last time this happened
I had a whole different reaction.
Back in the day
Were you to say that to me
I may have put the hurt on you.

Do you understand that term?
Put the hurt on?
It could mean anything from
Slitting you from gill to fin
To simply insulting
Your mule of a mother.
There are a lot of stops
Between those two reactions.

Naturally, you could beat me
To the punch
And put the hurt on me.
Maybe.
That’s never happened yet
But you could be the first.

Tonight is your lucky night, friend.
I’m too old to fool with you now.
And to be honest
You aren’t worth my time.
But I will tell you this…
I may be younger tomorrow night
And have much more time on my hands.

I see you grinning.
Do you see I am not?

0 comments: