CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 6, 2020

A Little Nerve


A Little Nerve



I have saved lives
Many, or a few.
That was my training.
It was what I was meant to do.

There was nothing heroic to it.
I pressed a phone button that was lit.
It was simply a call I took.
It was a puzzle piece that fit.

A man was jumping to his death.
Another had a gun.
There’s lots of ways to die.
Just think hard and chose one.

I was in the right place
At the right time.
Sometimes I was right there
Or a voice on the line.

I’m never the end of the story.
I’m just the turning of a page.
I’m the off ramp from a bad choice.
I’m a player on the stage.

But I have saved a few lives
And it makes me happy to have served.
Offering an open hand is important.
It just takes a little nerve.
 
 
 

0 comments: