CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 30, 2020

Redemption


Confession is a difficult process.
At least it is for me.
It wells up from the gut
and I fall upon my knees.

All my life is open
like pages from a book
and He absorbs every word.
It is no casual look.

I wait upon my sentence.
It will be accompanied by pain.
Maybe a noose around my neck
and I'll be hanged out in the rain.

Words are somehow caught
deep down in my throat.
But the price for my redemption
is inked in the blood He wrote.

I am prepared to pay the price
for all the wrong I have done.
But in a loving voice He tells me
it's been paid for by the Son!

In the flash of an atom
I am helped up to my feet.
I am wrapped in a princely robe
and I and friends given a calf to eat.

There are rings upon my fingers.
The Father says 'My Son has come back home.'
There is a room prepared for me
and I know I'll never roam.

What glory is the story!
Prodigals all are we.
But the Father loves the sinner.
Come to Him and see.



0 comments: