CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 30, 2020

Let the Rain Clouds Weep*


Bury me on a cloudy day
and let the rain clouds weep for me.
Let the streams flow into rivers
and the rivers to the sea.

Let your sorrow go as well.
It fits neither me nor you.
We spent our moments loving
so let your tears roll down too.

We laughed together, did we not?
We lived life fierce and well.
Our footprints are smoothed away
but our deeds ring out, as bells.

Tell our many stories, laughing!
Let them be full-hearted and loud.
Then think on me no more.
I go to my home beyond the clouds.



* If you are like me, the matter of death has different perspectives. The poem following this is maudlin. Uneasy. This poem, which much better reflects my genuine view, is the more-accurate me. I just, for posterities sake, thought you should know.

0 comments: