CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Warrior in Jeans


I never charge into the high grass
or wade into a cornfield.
I always armor-up
put on my helmet
and be sure to take my battle shield.

there's never time for foolishness
nor drop my guard for no good reason.
I know what's behind me
and what's ahead.
I know the terrain and changing seasons.

I collect all the data there's to know
and I prepare my heart and mind
making certain of the reasons
for my actions and my goals
uncovering all there is to find.

last, but not least I make sure
I have an exit plan.
know where the doors are
who guards them
and be sure I've done all to understand.

I'm a simple man that doesn't turn heads.
I don't dress to impress.
there's nothing about me remarkable
and nothing to draw attention.
I'm just in town to clean up the mess.


 

0 comments: