CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Deep Calls to Deep

I will never see you again.

The moment I cleared the hill
Losing sight of you
I knew.

Years will blur.
I will pass through cities
Leave my track in snows and sand
Remain young in your memory
But I will age
Like leather and wine.

Faces will gaze into mine.
My arms will hold others
As wrapper to souls.

But I will never see you again.

Yet, my soul speaks.
You will feel
In your belly
A vibration
Deeper than language.
You will understand
And you will know.
Deep calls to deep.

I will wait
Beyond the next rise
Around the bend in the road
Where the mirage shimmers
On summer highways
Above the timberline
In cold mountain air
Where light is lost in ocean trenches
In laughter of children
Midnight wind whispering at your gables.
You will hear me
When you can’t sleep.

Listen, please
Listen.

Deep calls to deep.

0 comments: