CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Letter

In my mind
I’ve written the letter
Ten thousand times
Each one slightly varied
None of which
Said all I meant to say.

I’ve envisioned
The many ways
You might receive the letter.

Perhaps you would be angry
Enraged I would presume upon you.

Maybe you would cry
Recalling fond days.

But the most unnerving response
Would be no response at all
The complete disregard for what
We esteemed precious.

None of these responses
Are what I desire
So I have written no letter.

I have, however, appealed
To the universe
Speaking my heart to the wind.

I turn to the
Compass points
Proclaiming to
Corners of creation
My undying love
Tender devotion
And sacred honor.

I hope the wind finds you
I hope the compass directs you
To the lover you never lost.

0 comments: