CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Crazy Sometime*

All’s a tumble
On a rag-tag dime
Don’t nobody know no how
An’ ain’ life sublime!

But don’ we all get crazy sometime.

Went down to ‘ol Charleston
Ate some shrimp by de bay
Took a lock de lou
At da bottom ‘a da day.

But don’ we all get crazy sometime.

On down de coast
Still see da ghosts ‘a da south
Ramble on in de shade
An’ dey tremble in my mouth.

An’ don’ we all get crazy sometime!

Sweet Lucy let me
An’ sure don’ she shine
Like a brown lady do
On dat ramblin’ vine.

Lor’ don’ we all get crazy sometime.

Lights goin’ off
Crazy, crazy, make my ‘ol head spin
An’ ‘splosions all ‘round
Like creation begin.

An’ don’ we all get crazy sometime!

Come by here, my baby
Come ‘round here my girl
Take me by de’ han’
An’ give me a whirl

Saw Charlie in de bamboo
Hear his rat-a-tat sound
Felt his hot breath on my neck
As I was huggin’ de ground.

Don’ we though, oh don’ we…

O’ lord, don’ it shatter
Don’ it truly blow-up my mind
An’ all I ever wants
Is to get crazy sometime.

Lor’ but don’ we all get crazy sometime!

Crazy sometime.

Crazy.

*Written in the voice of a black Viet vet that suffered one too many bangs a bit too close, but he's smart enough to know that all of us, in our own ways, get crazy sometime. Note, he never asks it as a question, but states it as unaltering fact. "We all get crazy sometime."

0 comments: