CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Spin Cycle

Spin Cycle

It’s easy to fall in love 
In this little piano bar 
Her smoky voice worrying over 
Till There Was You 
Nursing a gin and tonic 
Long, black tresses swept to one side 
Like a tent flap 
Open to her secret places. 

Harder to find love 
At the All-Nite Laundromat 
Drums spinning 
Soap and bleach stinging the moist air 
Coat hangers tangled 
Rattling in wire carts 
Florescent lights pushing back the night. 

At the piano bar I’d freshen her drink 
Put on a crooked smile 
Like a rumpled shirt. 
Look at those long legs 
Stretching like divided highways 
Into the dark tunnel of that red skirt. 
I’d ask her name 
And she’d say 
Call me what you want to, baby. 

Her name’s Roxy 
Her drink’s just fine 
And those long legs have walked on 
Better men than me. 

But there’s no room for piano bars 
At the All-Nite Laundromat 
Where I have a date 
With two weeks of laundry 
And both my shirts and heart 
Are on spin cycle.

0 comments: