CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Blue Line Highways

I fly above
Like a barnstormer
Marking blue line highways
Of veins
Across your shoulders
Twin peaks of your breasts
To your belly’s table land
Disappearing into shadows
Of secret places
Untying satin laces.

High above
Wind jetting my hair
I rise on thermals
Dive for kisses
Then soar above your sighs
My shadow on your thighs.

Standing on my wing
I mark a ribbon
Of robin egg blue
At the surface of your throat
And follow it
Tracing a highway
Dotted with freckles
Like towns
On a glove box map
Down the valley of your lap.

You lie still, unprotesting
Allowing me this foolish pleasure.
Enjoying you
I memorize every feature
Of your skin
Pleased to go where I’ve already been.

I will grow old with you
Our bodies sagging
Like century-old barns
Neglected
Returning to dust
Remembered in lust.

Someday, I will close my eyes in age
To see you once more
Stretched upon the earth
While I fly above
Like a hungry hawk
Searching prey along your blue line highways
'Neath my constant gaze.

0 comments: