CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

What a Wonderful Thing

What a wonderful thing are hands
To soothe the inner ache
To communicate by touch.
What a wonderful thing
Are hands.

I have heard the phonics of love
Sound communicated
By vibration of vocal chords
Striking the inner ear
Passing information.

I have seen the activity of love
The spent bodies
Gifts of service
Time offered in duties real
And supposed.

All those things lovers do
I have done
And have received
But none of which mean
I was loving, or being loved.

Then you entered my world.
You did nothing
Others did not do.
The difference was the reason
You had for all you did.

You saw me for who I am
Let me see you for who you are.
And you touched me
In ways no other lover could
For motives as pure as December snow.

What a wonderful thing are arms
To pull me from the wreckage
To hold me like the child I am inside.
What a wonderful thing
Is love.

0 comments: