CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Dust Motes

Dust Motes

Clad in a white robe 
Standing before me 
Nothing was between us 
But dust motes 
Floating in a shaft of Morning sun. 

Only I Had knowledge of you 
To see the faintest 
Turn of a smile 
Upon your lips 
As you let the robe fall.
 
I might have moved 
Toward you 
Might have taken you 
In my arms 
Except dancing dust motes 
Captured my attention 
Taunting me 
Suggesting it’s 
The faint things I fail to notice 
That divides the hubris in me 
From the passion in you. 

Brilliant sunlight 
Etching the pores of your skin 
In bright relief 
Aroused me 
Though I am a frequent explorer 
Of your terrain. 

But dust motes 
Transfixed me 
Mesmerized me 
Pirouetting in streams of light 
Drawing me through its galaxy 
To establish 
My constant orbit around you.

0 comments: