CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 24, 2010

City Psalm

Tears have been my meat
And suffering my bed.
I place no confidence
In my flesh
Though I cry aloud
For gladness of heart
I fall back
Into darkness.

Come to my rescue
I plead
But there are none
To answer.

This ever-widening city
Pulses
With commerce.
Night and day.
Men and women
Search
For satisfaction
But she is a swift bird
That eludes the fowler
Every time.

How I long to seizer her!
To track her down
Discover her place
Make her mine.
But she eludes me
And I must occupy myself
With healing
And make contentment
My lover.

Come to me
I say.
I have spread my bed
With a quiet
And gentle spirit.
But she seeks a dark
Other
And I am alone
With no comfort
But silence
As brother to the night.

0 comments: