CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Thundering Dark

The Thundering Dark

Two o’clock in the morning 
Thunder rattles the panes 
Vibrating bottles of perfume and cologne 
Loosely arranged on the dresser. 
My eyes fix on a point 
Deep in the night. 

Her presence flavors the room 
Steady breathing at my side 
Her right leg thrown across my thigh 
Pinning me to the sheets. 

My mind is already at my desk 
Making mental notes 
Of tasks needing completion 
Calls to make 
Files to close. 

But she’s so distracting 
Inviting All the pleasures of the flesh 
The joy of the shaking night. 
 
Just a nudge would wake her 
The trace of a fingertip across her throat 
Kiss upon her chin 
A promise waiting the welcome. 

In the kitchen my cup waits. 
Hot, strong coffee will steam 
In just four hours 
When I will miss the sleep 
That eludes me now 
With her leg 
Thrown over me 
So inviting In the thundering dark.

0 comments: